Concept2 Rowing machine Review
If you’re looking for a rowing machine / rower to add to your home gym, then I would highly recommend the concept2 model D rowing machine.
Why a rower?
Many of my clients ask me what brand of treadmill, elliptical trainer or stationary bike they should buy for their home gym. My immediate response is… “why not a rower?”
Now, there’s nothing wrong with the alternatives, but if I had to choose just one piece of cardio equipment for my home gym then it would definitely be a Concept2 Rowing machine.
- It’s easy on the joints. There’s no impact on the knees and ankles. If this is something that you’re going to be using regularly, then you want to make sure the impact level is low. A well designed rowing machine not only provides a calorie burning workout, but a workout that is safe and effective.
- You have options. With a row machine, you can choose your intensity level. It’s perfect for steady state workouts and high intensity intervals. The best part is that you don’t need to press any buttons to modify the intensity. The harder and faster you row, the more resistance the model D rowing machine will provide.
- It works your posterior chain. We now spend more time than ever before in poor posture. I myself am guilty of this. Communication is all about smartphones, tablets and computers. A rowing machine works those “pulling” muscles that will help instantly improve your posture.
- You’ll burn fat. The best benefit of a quality rowing machine is that it is effective in burning stubborn fat. You’ll get an effective workout without the need to run (this is a huge plus if you hate running as much as I do).
- It’s affordable. When comparing the model D rower to any other commercial grade equipment, the rower is much more reasonably priced. I currently own 2 rowers. I have one in my personal training studio and I bought one for mom…
What I love about the Concept 2 Rower
It’s compact. I don’t have a lot of space in my personal training facility as I mainly do personal training sessions. The concept2 rower folds away quickly and easily when I want it out of the way.
It’s sturdy. Trust me when I tell you that I’ve put this machine to use. I’ve been using this rowing machine for years now and it’s still as sturdy as the day I bought it. Sturdy, but still lightweight and easy to move.
Big screen. The large display motivates you while keeping you on track for a great workout.
Easy to install. Here’s a bonus tip about your concept2 model D rower. Do NOT pay for the installation. This machine is really easy to install. It arrives 99% pre-assembled.
If you’re looking to add some cardio to your home workouts then I highly recommend that you consider the model D rower from Concept2. This is a machine you’ll use.